Monday, August 23, 2010

Drakes 1 Year Checkup

So i had an interesting day...


Started with a lollipop


And a Giant drool spot on my jeans lol




And then he didnt want to be held anymore..

He was getting restless




He was happy until

He didnt want to be held anymore

THEN...



And this is all before

the doctor

even came in!!

And it didn't help that

He didn't have a morning nap!!


Then finally the doctor came in

She said he was doing good

his weight was- 23 pounds 12oz

witch is in the 65%

He is 31 in tall

and in the 75%

and his head is 20 in.

and is in the 95%

And this is the first time

they didn't tell me

he was under wight!!!

I was excited!!

THEN...


:(

Yeah that is 6 separate shots!!!

He cried with each one

but would stop in between

and look a the nurse

Then she would do another

and he would start again..

Well She finished

and he quit crying..


Poor baby :(

Then we had to go

to the lab

so they could take blood

because our house

was built before 1978.
(dumb)

And i'm guessing

the 2 ladies

that were trying to get the blood

got there license

out of a crackerjack box...

because they tried both arms

and still didn't get it



By the time we left

He was wore out!!

We were at the doctors office

from 1:45 until 4:00!!




But he only slept

for about 10 mins.

but woke up like nothing happened

just as happy as he could be lol

I am not looking forward to tomorrow though

we will see what happens...

9 comments:

  1. I hate shot days!! Ughh its the worst. I think its worse for the moms because we have to hold them down!!
    I also hate getting my blood drawn by those people they suck at life. NO offense to them but seriously one time they put the needle end and it came out the other side. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh i know those people really do suck!! and it stinks that i have to take him back tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good times at the doc

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw poor little fella....ya some ppl are just not good at taking blood. they always have to take it from my hand and when i got blood taken recently i told the girl that and she said ok well i'm going to go ahead and try...needless to say she eneded up getting it from my hand lol. i told her that they have to everytime...her response was "well why didnt you tell me? next time tell them at the beginning" lmao i was like you crazy i did tell you @ the begininning...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol.. yeah i don't ever have a problem giving blood.. i donate blood whenever they are in town so needles and all that don't bother me but when there digging around in my sons arm its like ugh didn't they teach you to do this???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Drake! I hate he had to have all those shots! He needs to see his Aunt Julie!!! Love the pics I took the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me to Julie he is so stinkin cute!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little man he is super cute. Shots are really hard I was not prepared for the first lot and started to cry myself! But I am getting better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cried the first time he got shots lol i dont like having to hold him down!!

    ReplyDelete