Saturday, January 10, 2015

Homemade Veggie Stew & Taco Lettuce Wraps

So today y'all are getting a 2 for one because these recipes are so easy it would be ridiculous to write 2 different post lol

The first is one of my favorite recipes and has been my whole life. Its homemade veggie stew


Veggie stew!


Ingredients:


  • A large bottle of V-8
  • A whole stock of celery
  • A bag of carrots
  • 4 large baking potatoes
  • 1 head of cabbage
  • 1 White Onion
  • 1lb Stew Meat (optional/substitutable) 
  • water
  • Cheese (optional)
And you can add any veggie you like. I sometimes add a squash and a zucchini.


Heres what to do:

Chop you celery, carrots, potatoes, and onion about bite size pieces (since I'm working now I chopped my celery and my carrots the night before and just put them back in the refrigerator.) and put it in a large pot. Add your V-8 and stir. If it looks to thick you can add water. I always fill up my V-8 bottle and keep the water on the counter just incase it gets to thick while cooking. Turn your stove on a Med heat and cover. 

While that is starting to cook start browning your meat. You can substitute the stew meat with hamburger or ground turkey if you don't like stew meat. I sometimes use hamburger meat just because its easier.

Add your meat to the veggies and keep it at a simmer. 

Cook for about 4 1/2 to 5 hours on a low to med heat, or until the potatoes are done. 

Add the cabbage and let that cook for about 20 to 30 mins. 

I always add cheese to my bowl of stew but its completely optional!

And thats it! How easy is that?!

The next recipe is super easy and quick so if your short on time this is the recipe to fix!


Taco Lettuce Wraps:


Ingredients: 


  • Hamburger or Ground Turkey
  • Taco seasoning
  • Lettuce (big enough to put everything in)
  • Cheese ( I like the Mexican blend)
  • and grape or cherry tomatoes (optional)


Heres what to do:

Cook your meat until it is brown

Add your taco seasoning to the meat and follow the directions on the pack

While your meat is cooking if your using tomatoes go ahead and cut them in half so they are small enough to put on the lettuce.

When the meat is finished cooking lay your lettuce on a plate. Add your taco meat, cheese on top of that, then your tomatoes. wrap up and enjoy!

See that was even easier than the stew and just as delicious! 

Tomorrow is going to be a Honey glazed salmon and asparagus fries so be sure to check in for that!

And like always is you have any tips after making one of these let me know in the comments! i always love cooking tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment